Ideally located just 6 minutes from Cairns CBD, the Edge Hill Tavern offers guests the perfect base to explore Northern Queensland. The picturesque Cairns Esplanade is only an 8 minute drive away from the hotel, where visitors can experience the amazing sandy beaches and famous Great Barrier Reef that Queensland is known for.
The Hotel offers comfortable accommodation perfect for the budget conscious traveller. Ample on-site parking spaces are available at the hotel which includes undercover parking for hotel guests. Guests can escape the North Queensland heat in air conditioned rooms. Each room features a flat screen TV, bar sized refrigerator, tea and coffee making facilities as well as an ensuite bathroom with shower.
We are committed to providing a professional standard of service to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. With onsite free parking, bistro, and sports bar it’s easy to enjoy yourself in our relaxed environment.
Book Your Accommodation
|Mon - Tue, Thu - Fri||8am - 4pm|
- Check In: 2pm
- Check Out: 10am
- Check in is available outside of reception hours until 2.30am with a Manager on Duty.
- All guests must produce a valid photo ID and a pre authorisation will be performed on a valid credit card at check-in.
- Air conditioning
- On-site undercover parking
- Kids playground
- Non-smoking property
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen TV
- Bar sized fridge
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Complimentary breakfast box upon check in
- Ensuite with shower
The Cairns Airport is only an 11 minute drive from the hotel. From Airport Avenue turn left onto National Route 1 (look for signs for Captain Cook Highway/Sheridan Street, then turn right on to James Street, this turns into Anderson Street. Take a right at the roundabout onto Pease Street and the Hotel will be on the left.
Cairns CBD is 6 minutes away by car. To get to the hotel from Cairns head north-west on National route 1 towards Minnie Street, then turn left on to James Street, this then turns into Anderson Street. Take a right onto Pease Street and The Edge Hill Tavern will be on the left.
Things to Do
With the famous Great Barrier Reef right on our doorstep, Cairns offers some of the best diving and snorkelling in the world. The Edge Hill Hotel is the perfect base for guests who want to explore all that North Queensland has to offer, such as:
- Cairns Esplanade has a variety of activities the whole family will love such as playgrounds, skate parks, and parklands perfect for picnics and barbeques
- For mountain bikers, Ride Cairns is the only place where you can go mountain biking through World Heritage-listed rainforest.
- The Kuranda Scenic Railway allows guests to take a spectacular two-hour journey through Barron Gorge National Park’s rugged mountains.
- Take the chance to trek the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest and catch a glimpse of rare animals like tree-living kangaroos, rainforest dragons, and prehistoric birds.